Hardcore Happenings

2005-09-22

Day 13: Entering the End Phase

I think one could reasonably divide a KoL run into 3 pieces.
Early Phase: Levels 1-5
Middle Phase: Levels 5-9
End Phase: Levels 9-11

- In the Early Phase, you are low on meat, any skill and piece of equipment is precious. Food/Drink is scarce. Quests are easy or out of your league.
- In the Middle Phase things start to get interesting. All sorts of options and choices open up. Food and drink are proliferant and you start to be able to spend a little meat on various things. All kinds of complex quests can be taken care off.
- In the End Phase the gameplay becomes more linear and is a simple set of progressions. Food and booze availability drops off in regular adventuring, so you have to farm for it, or tap into your acquired sources. Meat, however is pretty abundant.

I have now entered the Late Phase. Basically, all I have to do is hit Yeti till I gain level 10, fight in the Airship till I reach the castle, fight in the Castle till I can fight in the Hole in the Sky, go back to the Castle till I hit level 11 and finish the tower and Sorceress.

So, that's what I'll do. If I'm effective, I could finish this run before next stat day, so no saving of adventures is planned.

What is interesting is my boozing patterns. With my current stock of advanced garnishes taken into account, I can make a total of 13 advanced cocktails 'till (and including) St. Sneaky Pete's Day. In honour of St. Sneaky Pete, I plan to drink 5 of them on that date. Assuming that the Microbrewery doesn't give out eggnog or especially salty dogs in the coming days, this is what my boozing pattern will look like. (The - sign indicates it's drinking past my limit of drunkeness)

Day 13: 3 advanced cocktails, 2 spiced rum, shot of schnapps - advanced cocktail
Day 14: 3 advanced cocktails, 2 spiced rum, shot of schnapps - advanced cocktail
Day 15: 4 advanced cocktails, spiced rum - advanced cocktail, 3 green beers (+4 green beers?)

Which means that my plans for Day 13 are in chronological order:
1) Scrounge up 3 garnishes
2) Defeat the Daily Dungeon
3) Fish for a worthless trinket
4) Check if it's clover day: Fish for 4 extra clovers.
5) Farm 7 more bottles of booze (Menagerie)
6) Hit Yeti till I reach level 10
7) Do the Airship/Castle thing

1 Comments:

  • I hardly ever get any comments, except from spammers, so I've turned word verification on.

    By Blogger Keypunch, at 22/9/05 12:26  

Een reactie posten

<< Home