Hardcore Happenings

2005-09-26

Day 3: Where's the beef?

Considering it's muscle day and considering I need meat, lots of it, I like the "planning" headline.

As I slowly get ready to move from the Early Phase to the Middle Phase, my needs and options can be split into 3 major threads.
Story Progression, Self-improvement, Tie-ing Ends Up.

Story Progression:
- Boss Bat. I think I can take him on, in my current condition.
- Nemesis. I don't particularly feel like farming for Fairy Gravy. Especially considering the reward is the Colander of Emeril. A hat that boosts mysticality. Whoop-de-doo.
- Goblin King. I can't face him, yet. His minions are a bit too strong as well.

Self Improvement:
- Stats (Muscle, Mysticality, Moxie)
I can improve muscle by eating ((insanely)spicy) bean burrito's, which I get from fighting in a profitable place, namely the Treasury. Mysticality can wait 'till Mysticality day, while Moxie can wait 'till the day after Muscle day.
For advanced food (and drinks), I need to secure Island Access. This seems to be more of a priority for the day AFTER tomorrow.
- Equipment
If my moxie increases 6 points, I can wear the Stainless Steel Slacks. If I gain Island access, I can replace my crossbow with a Kentucky-Fried one. That way I have tonnes more moxie, and can safely use my spells to kill the monsters. Other equipment is not paramount at the moment. I could aim for a better hat. Maybe a Visor will drop at the treasury. Or I could whip up a meat helmet, but only if I have the meat to spare for a tenderizing hammer. Or I could get an enchanted eye-patch. Or a balloon helmet. Oh well, we'll just see, it doesn't matter much.
- Skills
See the (prioritized) skill wishlist. I need meat. Lots of meat, for this list.

Tie-ing Ends Up:
- Lair Keys
I already have the skeleton key and Boris Key. I think I can withstand an extended pixel hunt, so I could go for a digital key (and red pixel potions). I should of course try the Daily Dungeon.
- Tower Items
I need to backfarm a razorsharp can lid, a spider web, a disease and a sonar-in-a-biscuit.

Skill (and item) Wishlist:
Powers of Observatiogn (5000)
Pastamastery (5000)
eXtreme Ray of Something (4000)
Entangling Noodles (2000)
Torso Awaregness (5000)
Lasagna Bandages (3000)
Tenderizing Hammer (1000)
Gnefarious Pickpocketing (5000)

Plan d'attaque: Adventure in the Treasury until I can cook up a total of 5 bean burrito's. I'll spice 'em up, if it's a clover day. I should also get a shitload of meat this way, which can be spent on skills. I should equip the Stainless Pants as soon as possible, of course. After this , I try my hand at the Daily Dungeon. Then I deal with the boss bat, if possible. Aftr that it's Pixel Hunting time. Drink of the day will be IPA or the special.

Backfarming, Shoring, and all that jazz is left for Day 4.