Hardcore Happenings

2005-09-27

Day 4: Into the Middle Phase

The wishlist got updated and extended.

Luckily, it's the Middle Phase of the game, so I could actually start buying things on it, if things go alright.

To recoup on the three threads:
Story Progression:
- Nemesis. No use, no way.
- Goblin King. I can farm for the stuff required to beat him. I need to improve my stats and skills a bit to actually *beat* him.
- Deep Fat Friars. A useful Quest, with a little self-improvement I can start dipping my toe into these waters.

Self Improvement:
- Stats. My muscle has gotten a nice boost over the past few days, nothing wrong with my Myst, especially with that Jarlsberg Earring. The goal will be to improve moxie, although I'll farm for enchanted bean burrito's.
- Equipment. One more moxie and I can wear the Stainless Steel Slacks. My hat is a bit underpowered, but for 1000 meat I can make a meaty helmet turtle. Access to the Island should give me a kentucky-fried meat crossbow. I also put a Kickback Cookbook accessory on the wish list.
- Skills. See the wish list. Man, do I want a lot of skills. And stuff.

Tie-ing Ends Up:
- Lair Keys. I already have 50% of the keys. I'll take a trip to the daily dungeon to go for that extra 16.6%.
- Tower Items. On backfarm order: spider web, disease, baseball.

Wishlist:
Island Access (2500)
Powers of Observatiogn (5000)
Pastamastery (5000)
Tenderizing Hammer (1000)
Meaty Helmet Turtle (1000 + 1turn)
Kickback Cookbook (4000)
eXtreme Ray of Something (4000)
Entangling Noodles (2000)
Torso Awaregness (5000)
Lasagna Bandages (3000)
Gnefarious Pickpocketing (5000)
Springy Fusilli (6000)

Plans and considerations:
Next stat day is a Mysticality Day. I would like to make a big whopper out of it, so I need to save adventures. On the other hand, I can eat AND drink, so I don't need to be that frugal. Tomorrow I'll spend all my adventures.
First I'll hit up the Dungeon. Then I'll fight in the harem, 'till I'm buff-free. Switching back to the Treasury if I get the items for the King's Quest.
I'll spend my buff-free turns shoring for moxie (barbed wire fence!), till I get the plans.
If it's a clover day, I can do a few spice runs, as well as get the planks.
Time to farm for enchanted beans.
Spend the remaining adventures smashing hippies for pants and dreadsacks.

Then Day 5 is probably the day for Advanced Cooking and saving up adventures.