Hardcore Happenings

2005-09-28

Day 4: No Noodles...

...but a lot of other stuff.

The Daily Dungeon gave me a Jarlsberg Key. Hurray. Only one more Dungeon key to go. Time to go for the shore and 'lo and behold, I got a barbed-wire fence on the fifth trip. Meaning that I opened up access to the Island as well.
I was a bit overzealous in my trinket-hunting, mostly so I have some ten-leaf clovers if Sneaky Pete's Day hits before the end of my run. I'll add a few more to the stash later. Or, I can use them for emergency spices.
I ate 4 spicy enchanted bean burrito's and topped that off with an insanely spicy enchanted bean burrito, so I got Indigestion. That would prove useful later.

From here on, I got beat up, quite a bit too much. Except for yesterday, I've been overly beat up. The King proved too strong, as did the monsters in the Cyrpt. The Cyrpt? Yes, the Cyrpt opened up. Mostly due to the mysticality boost from 5 enchanted -type burrito's.

I had planned to visit the Island, and hit hippies for their dreadsacks and such. I was low on meat and adventures and decided to make an attempt at helping the Friar's. That worked! With the help of my Flaming Gravy Fairy (much used, today), I even managed to make the Ruby W and wussiness potion drop.

With the improved liver capacity, I downed a few more Tequila's (with training wheels) and went on to the hippies. They were so kind as to drop both the Dreadsack and Corduroys within a handful of adventures. If only I had a Tenderizing Hammer, I could make my crossbow a Kentucky-fried one.

I used my second-to last adventure to gather some meat to pay for a permit, so I could use the other to get spices.

One last round of tipping the shotglass and biting the lime ended the day.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 7
Macaroni Magician
Turns Played (this run): 496
Days Played (this run): 4