Hardcore Happenings

2005-10-16

Day 10: Spicy!

After eating two Gnocchetti di Nietschze and a spicy enchanted bean burrito, the party started. A Jarlsberg key from the Daily Dungeon! Then I cleared the Cyrpt of minibosses and reached level 9. So, I used the Leaflet tricks and stormed into the Valley of Rofl'Mao. The 31337 h4x0r was summoned, the Baron was helped. The Bonerdagon was next and easily taken out, my stats were boosted pretty fine.

The meat dissappeared into skills and cookbooks faster that I had imagined. Still, fighting the Yeti provided me with a new ample source of meat.

With a decent amount of adventures left, it was time to say goodbye to the Yeti (So Long And Thanks For All The Furs), and run into the Castle. The Immateria dropped reasonably fast and it was Castle Time.

Here, for the first time, I noticed I had a somewhat lacking amount of moxie. I chose a initiative + cookbook strategy, but would get wiped when I didn't get the jump, because of low moxie. It was a bit of a battle of attrition, with constant HP/MP recovery, the odd beat-up and running away. Statwise, I got a *lot* of Mysticality points and the wheel is now in "Backdoor" position. One more turn clockwise, and I'll get the Moxie-boosting adventures.

All I have to do is get three star charts and my penetration of the Lair can begin. Boozewise, I had a good time, drinking both eggnog, but also "Whiskey and cola". It boosts both mysticality and moxie and recovers you some MP on top of that as well. Tomorrow, it'll be back to IPA and/or the special, I fear.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 10
Coriander Conjurer
Turns Played (this run): 1,231
Days Played (this run): 10