Hardcore Happenings

2005-10-14

Day 8: Scrumptious Adventuring

It was a struggle through the mines, but I was able to just the things I wanted to do. I got the Attention Spanner for Twitch, I got the disease and a spider web for the backfarming queue. I fished the sewer for some extra trinkets (which are now stored as clovers in my closet) and spices.

After that, the Goatlet. With hair spray, I was moxious enough to take it on. I really kicked ass there, getting the ingredients for one Fettucini Inconnu (meals of the day: Fettucini Inconnu, Bat Wing Chow Mein, spicy bean burrito, hot wing) and later making progress with the Quest itself. With the Eggstortionary effect in place, meatmaking really went well. So, I could afford Elemental Saucesphere. Which helped me complete the tr4pz0r quest and soon I could afford Saucestorm as well. And I smithed a chrome helmet turtle. And a penguinskin buckler. And a penguinskin mini-skirt. I thought the helmet turtle and skirt were 40 moxie to wear, turned out it was 45. No worries, I'm only a few substats away at the end of the day.

More turns were spent at the Obligatory Pirate Cove, to pre-emptively gather the Swashbuckling Get-up. I didn't get the full outfit, but I did get a guitarrr. And rum.

I suddenly noticed that I hadn't done the Dungeon yet, and was running low on adventures...too low. Again I had a lucky break, as the Bounty Hunter accepted yeti fur. I sold him the unused yeti fur from the tr4pz0r and bought a cocktailcrafting kit. Rum + spices = spiced rum. I'm the proud owner of a Boris Ring now. But I won't let that ruin such a fantastic day.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 8
Oreganoccultist
Turns Played (this run): 939
Days Played (this run): 8

Note: IPA is now officially my number two favourite drink.