Hardcore Happenings

2005-10-12

Day 7: Lengthy Preponderance

After 6 days of Hardcore Goodness, I can note two things. One, I'm slower than my previous hardcore run. Two, I'm faster than my other hardcore runs. The boost you get from having an initial item, even if it's just a single bottle of single-barrel whiskey really makes a lot of difference, as you can skip a lot of wasteful adventuring in the lowest level area's.

That said, time for a lengthy post and review of things to do.

Do List:
-Daily Dungeon.
I still need that Jarslberg Key, so I'll be stuck spending 8 adventures here.
Difficulty: Trivial, Priority: Mandatory

-Goblin King
He ain't dead yet. All I need is some extra perfume and he's a gonner. I could use the rewards.
Difficulty: Ease, Priority: Medium

-Fat Friars
They need help. And I want that liver. I should make sure to pick up a Ruby W and wussiness potion in the Dark Neck, though.
Difficulty: Medium, Priority: Very High

-Cyrpt Quest
The Cyrpt needs cleaning. I stand a good chance with the minibosses, but am probably not able to take on the Bonerdagon. The rewards would be neat, but probably better saved for the upcoming Mysticality day.
Difficulty: High, Priority: Low

-Tr4pz0r
He's going to send a cry for help soon. In fact, when I reach level eight. I've got good hopes that can happen tomorrow. Making a start with gathering a Mining Outfit would be nice. My best bet is to spend actual turns mining only when Muscle Day is over.
Difficulty: High, Priority: Optional

-Food
My best bet for food is to save up meat tomorrow and get the Advanced Saucecrafting Skill. I can then farm the kitchens for knob sausage (or knob mushroom) and eat 2 reagent noodle dishes, with a spicy enchanted bean burrito on the side. Alternatively, if I have no time to farm, I could make hell ramen with hellion cubes dropped at the Dark Neck.
Difficulty: Medium, Priority: High

-Booze
If I can spare the meat, I could get a cocktailcrafting kit. I'll probably stumble across booze at the Obligatory Pirate Cove and Goatlet in the coming days. The rum could make good eggnog, and the whiskey could be put to good use. Being able to drink fermented drinks, instead of beer, to maximize drunkenness are a beneficiary side-effect.
Difficulty: Low, Priority: Low

-Backfarming
The list of stuff I've yet to gather: spider web, barbed-wire fence, disease.
Only the barbed-wire fence represent major screwage. I might deliberately farm for it on the next moxie day, however.
Difficulty: Low, Priority: Dubious.

There, with all those quests, there's of course still the wishlist left.

Wishlist:
Advanced Saucecrafting Skill (5000)
Gnome Skills (3x5000)
Other Guild Skills (2000+4000+6000)
Kickback Cookbook (4000)
Cocktailcrafting kit (1000)
Spices (130 + 1 turn/each)
Infinitesimal IPA (about 700)
Familiar Item (1000 + 10 turns)
Meaty Helmet Turtle (1000 + 1 turn)

And all of this should lead to some plan for Day 7 (at least).
Plan:
To keep it simple, I can make it chronological. First I hack my way through the Daily Dungeon. Then I complete the Friar's. I kick the Goblin King in the nuts. I focus on Booze and Food. After that, I can probably find the time to clear the Cyrpt a little.
I might need to focus on boozing and food a bit earlier than planned, but it should present little obstacle.

Except for Advanced Saucecrafting, I expect little substantial to be done about the Wishlist.