Hardcore Happenings

2005-10-10

Day 4: Wasted Chefs

Today started good with a Boris Key from the Daily Dungeon. And it would've been a good day, with clovers from the hermit and two disembodied brains from Fernswarthy's Tower. And chronic indigestion from an insanely spicy enchanted bean burrito. And a decent amount of meat from the better adventure area's. And dry martini's at the Microbrewery.

Except for the lack of Chef's Hat. Close to all of my adventures were spent adventuring there. Which meant I lacked ingredients to make noodletype dishes. I also lacked meat. Which meant I had to resort to eating bowls of cottage cheese. I did manage to chomp some straight-forward spicy noodles, but that was it. No spicerunning possible. I got my bloody Attention Deficit Demon up to 47 kills. And mind you, not every adventure at the outskirts is a combat encounter. I did take him to a few others spaces (I had some hopes of getting a tomato (for boring spaghetti), before I ran out of adventures to cook. It was not to be.

In one of the very last adventures, after eating the low-quality food, I finally did net my hat. I'll break about even, adventurewise. It's just frustating, though. Luckily, I'm not on a speedrun. Because I still need to get that smart skull, as well.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 6
Thyme Wizard
Turns Played (this run): 423
Days Played (this run): 4