Hardcore Happenings

2005-10-16

Day 11: Potion Planning

The only statistic that needs significant raising, before I'm ready to face the Naughty Sorceress is my moxie. So, food and boozewise, I'm pretty much decided tomorrow. I already have a Fettucini Inconnu and Pr0n M4nnic0tti. I will adventure first for a rat appendix and have rat appendix chow mein as well. Boozewise I still have a whiskey sour and whiskey and cola left, the rest will be filled up with IPA, specials, and perhaps a bottle of fine wine.

From the Giants, I still need a wolf mask (has the drop rate on that sunk, or what?). And I need to fight in the Hole-in-the-Sky. With tomorrows harvest added, I have 8 scrumptious reagents. Which is enough for 8 potions.

The potions of most interest are:
Orangish Aphrodisiac, +100% to moxie, (reagent + orange)
Tomato Smoothie, moxie equal to base myst (reagent + tomato)
Grapefruit Juice of Powerful Power, +50% to all stats (reagent + grapefruit)

So, I'll have 40 turns of potion boost. Distributed over these effects in parts of 5. At first, I'll conservatively try to see if an Orangish Aphrodisiac is enough to survive the Hole. If it is not, I'll add a Tomato Smoothie to the mix.

I can visit with the Fantasy Airship, if need be, to raise funds. There is the danger of overstatting, so I might choose to adventure with Twitch, my attention-deficit demon, instead of my Cheshire Bat.

Plan d'attaque:
Farm for a rat appendix. Eat various foods and pre-mixed drinks. Adventure in the castle for a wheelturn to moxie and wolf mask for, say, 20 turns. Use orangish aphrodisiac and try my luck in the Hole. If it doesn't succeed, I add the tomato smoothie.

If I have all the starry stuff and turns left, I can start fighting the Lair.