Hardcore Happenings

2005-10-05

El Mariachi

With all the frustration of not having that wolf mask drop in the past two days, I was glad to jump into softcore. Accordion Thief and no path.

Pulling 3 rat appendix chow meins and the Mr. Family, I superspeeded through the game. I even forgot about the Super-Secret Device for the first 43 turns. Eeep. Silly.

I rushed through the game at an amazing speed. In fact, I spent most of my time on the various levels of the Menagerie, settling on level 3, because no tougher places would open up, till I reached the next level. This has the advantage of having me loaded with booze. The closest fight I had was versus the Bonerdagon, but even he succumbed to my might. I ended up deep into level 7.

I have the full laundry list of backfarming to do, once I meet the sorceress, but I was mostly simply preparing for tomorrow. Will it finally be Sneaky Pete Day?

I had been a bit liberal with my pulls, meaning that I couldn't get the imitation nice watch and tiny bitching meat car (nor a maid). But then again, I think this will be a no-brainer four-dayer and three-dayer with a bit of luck. I don't particularly need that handful of extra adventures. My last pull was a chrome crossbow, nonetheless. And the piece of shiny stainless steel also gives me two bonus adventures.

And oh yeah: Two shiny tattoo's!

[edit]

Heh, forgot another thing, guild skills! Pah. Who needs 'em anyway?