Hardcore Happenings

2005-10-06

Sneaky Pete!

And finally, it's there.

Although. I'm glad that I've made it a habit to the read the forums before adventuring, to see if anything has changed overnight. Apparently, during the first part post roll-over, the Sneaky Pete Stupor adventures hadn't been implemented yet. Nor was it a clover day. I was well-prepared enough to have had no trouble with the latter, but the former was just lame. Especially considering there already were some minor problems and code migration issues during the previous time Sneaky Pete's day was supposed to happen, this was just plain sloppy.

Also, there was rumour about the Mr. Store familiars being replaced today. That hasn't happened. Nor has the Jekyllin Hide belt been taken from it. Maybe that's happening tomorrow, though.

Anyway, I had decided to adventure the roll-over and eating adventures like regular and use the boozing adventures for celebration. Pulling clovers, TPS ingredients and chow mein was a drain on available pulls, but then I didn't need many pulls. I reached level 8 in a jiffy, had surprisingly few cave-ins at the mine and was through the Goatlet without resistance. Since I hadn't gotten any Ninja Hot Pants from the Friar's Gate Quest, I settled on eXtreme Cold-Weather Gear. After which I started to smack up Yeti.

Only after my boosted moxie reached 125 (madrigal, moxie of the mariachi, kentucky-fried meat crossbow, two Mr. A and hairspray help a lot), was I safe from them. Although I could easily heal the damage they did in combat and gained a shitload of meat (Panhandling, Nimble Fingers, Pickpocketigng and a 35pound Cheshire Bat tend to help with that). I did reach level 9 and adventured at the Valley of Rofl'mao. Hurray for the Leaflet as well.

Then came the time to drink. Three dirty martini's, for old time's sake, followed by a green beer. Over the threshold with another dirty martini. Five more green beers for good measure and complete and utter stupor. I pulled a soggy wofl shirt, slapped on a safarrri hat, swung on swashbuckling pants, adorned myself with a pine-fresh airfreshener, stuffed shoulder parrot and a sk8board, armed myself with a tiny plastic sword and was off to do stupid stuff.

I didn't see any new adventures, I think, although I laughed my ass off at the first one "Reach out and offend someone". I also think that "What Is This, Some Kind of Joke?", is hilarious. I managed to land 3 cheap plastic bottle openers, one of which I equipped and I also got the "To the Rescue!" adventure, which is supposedly the one that will land me a traffic cone.

With all that said and done, I had lost enough stats, hit points and dignity. In honour of the celebration I put on my "Beer Can" tattoo, and kept a Sneaky Pete type outfit for rollover. Let's see if we can come close to ascending with that huge hangover tomorrow.