Hardcore Happenings

2005-11-15

Day 7: Doom

Some people broke through my defenses. In fact, a level-camping multi of a particular clannie of mine, known for her hatred of cows, broke through my defenses. It got even worse. She pwned me on all five counts.

PvP-ing itself I did sloppily, I only won 8/11 fights (it seemed even less). Even PvP'ed myself down to level 9, at first. Also, when planning my effects, I made some bad timing, not having pre-crafted a shot of flower schnapps. Still, I'm not likely to win purity as I only dared to use the !-potions when I was already drunk. Yes, bang-potions, my enemies, you can start to feel worried.

Adventuring itself was all a bit lame. I got the jarlsberg earring from the Daily Dungeon, so I visited the Dungeon of Doom (which I find slightly boring) for the zapping wand. I got it in a reasonable amount of turns, though. What took a bit long was the Metallic A from the Airship. At least it meant I had a lot of soft-green echo thingies, phonics and tiny houses.

It not being a clover day, I went for the menu that included hell ramen, I need to plan my diet for tomorrow carefully.

Fighting through the castle went in decent time, with all the drops I wanted. The Hole-in-the-Sky was a relative cake-walk. With the moon setting of tomorrow, Wereseal blood will be even more effective and I might not even need more wrath serum for the final piece of star weaponry. For details, see the planning post.

So it came to be, I guzzled down the last monkey wrench. It reminded me of the time when I ran with that gang of environmental saboteurs. Or wait, it didn't -- it just got me drunk, and made me think I did that.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 10
Moose Harasser
Turns Played (this run): 950
Days Played (this run): 7

PvP status, post adventuring
Ranking: 166
Fights Won/Lost: 88/46

p.s. Drunkeness 25, due to the ! potion. Hurrah!