Hardcore Happenings

2005-12-14

Day 5: Systematic Sauceror

Yeah, planning post. I really liked that spiffy table I created several days ago. Most of it got done in two days, too. Let me try that again, with all the new tasks that have popped up. I've chopped up some of the quests in bits.

Quest:Difficulty:Priority:
Daily DungeonLowHigh
Strange LeafletLowHigh
McLargeHuge: Ore MiningMediumHigh
McLargeHuge: Cheese MiningMediumMedium
Pirate OutfitMediumHigh
Valley: Baron QuestHighMedium
Valley: H4xx0rHighLow
Cyrpt: ClearingLowMedium
McLargeHuge: Cold Weather GearLow/HighLow
Cyrpt: BonerdagonHighLow
Zapping WandMediumMedium
NemesisLowNil


The Zapping Wand becomes a bit more of an idea, while the Nemesis quest has lost all priority. Getting the Bonerdagon and the Cold-Weather gear sorted would be nice, but can also wait another day if it turns out to be too tough. The Cold-Weather gear part is also really easy to tackle if I get Elemental Saucesphere, hence the dual rating.

Wishlist:
Elemental Saucesphere (4000)
Gnefarious Pickpocketing (5000)
Chrome Helmet Turtle (1000 + 1 chrome + 1 turn)
Penguin shorts (100 + 1 penguin skin + 1 turn)

Plan:
Firstly, I'll try to get in the mines, if I get beat up, it depends if I can get my myst up high enough to simply pop a pungent unguent and keep at it, or if I have to do side-tracks. This is actually the one place where the jarlsberg earring might help. Possible sidetracks are the knob goblin kitchens, for food farming, or the dungeons-of-doom-to-be, for wandfarming. I'll probably spend a lot of time with goats, before possibly reaching level 9 and getting a chance to go into the valley. After cheese farming is a good idea to try for the Pirate Outfit and to clear out the Cyrpt. I could even use my PvP-buff potion for taking on the Bonerdagon. If I have elemental by then, it will be even easier.

It's interesting to see how few are on my wishlist. Most of them are simply made obsolete by my shillelagh/LTS combination. It will get even worse if I get talons from the Valley.