Hardcore Happenings

2007-01-26

Day 2: Not Quite Judgement Day

Today I was of the mindset that stats, stats, stats wasn't everything, since tomorrow is another stats day. I focused on finishing up the loose ends and quests as well as running around in the gallery. I've got the digital key, wand, swashbuckling gear and more of that type of stuff.

My outlook is good, but I'm somewhat anxious. I spent an inordinate amount of time doing various calculations of best booze/food patterns, taking factors as milk and such into consideration, which is quite a headache if you're trying to calculate down to the adventure. In the end, I decided that they're basically all close enough to optimal. For booze I found the interesting discovery that getting an extra umbrella is more important than getting pirate drunkeness.

Foodplan: 2 gnochetti, 1 grue egg omelette and pr0n m4nicotti (in case of a pr0n legless valley, this is replaced by a spicy enchanted bean burrito and cranberries)
Boozeplan: Gimlet, as much Roll in the Hay as I can summon umbrella's for, filled up with improved bottles and Imp Ales.

Also I'm gonna have Innabox smith a Super Power Sword X tomorrow. I also made a chrome crossbow for that one adventure advantage, haha.

I used my wand to zap a bottle of gin, and got sleepy, confused and drunk spading my ! potions. (I have 2 object detection potions and a muscle potion). Either I have to do activities that wear them off for the first 20 turns (cooking, cocktailing, pirate in disguise), or spent 1800 meat to get "disco power nap".

Tomorrow it's for keeps!

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 10 Vibe Robber (Hardcore)
Turns Played (this run): 406
Days Played (this run): 2
Sign: The Mongoose