Hardcore Happenings

2007-01-28

Day 2: Quagmire

Even though according to some standards, I made considerable progress, personally I felt as if I was quite stuck, and the RNG was dealing me an unfavourable hand.

It took me a 2nd round of Teleportitis, to get the Oracle, for example. White Citadel took longer than I bargained for too. And all the while, I was desperately low on meat, quite an annoyance as well.

To top it all of, I was clumsy myself as well. Wiping out valuable snowcone-buff turns with cooking and crafting. Not taking the time to get meat yesterday just broke me up, quite simply. And I used the tonic water function of the Still too sparingly, I should've simply gone all out.

At least I got White Citadel completed, so my mana shortages are no more, Cloaca-Cola is a lifesaver, in that aspect. And although tomorrow I'll eat two gnochetti, a grue egg omelette and pr0n m4n1c0tti, (if all goes well), the day after, I can probably eat a White Citadel burger. And, due to a Hippy Suit dropping on the way, I'll also have all the fruit I can mix tomorrow, once I unlock the Island. Mandarina colada, Mae West and prussian cathouse with a snifter seem the way to go. And I'll have room to use one of those to top off too.

Also, I've got +8 adventures for tomorrow (chrome crossbow, dead guy's watch and a meat maid), which should help. I'm not believing in a possible 3-dayer, but a 4-dayer seems quite likely.

What will be interesting to see is where the breaking point will be where I have to switch from crossbow to LTS. Right now, without any moxie buffs, except for Twinklefairy, I'm up to 115 buffed moxie. So, there's some margin there for improvement.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 9 Hurdy-Gurdy Hooligan (Hardcore)
Turns Played (this run): 436
Days Played (this run): 2
Sign: The Mongoose

p.s. And pvp was 25 out of 25. Nice to be able to attack up. I won my last fight purely on the popularity mini.