Hardcore Happenings

2007-01-27

Day 3 and Day 1: Zoom! Zoom!

The 3rd day was actually somewhat uneventful, except for a few cases of friendly RNG. I ascended with a decent, although not quite comfortable margin of 20 adventures, bettering my previous record with 1 turn. *grin*

The most amusing was to PvP and try to get some rank, instead of flowers. I didn't fare that badly.

The new run has gone off to a zooming start, due to the continuing friendly RNG. It was rather tight when dealing with the Friar's, but I managed to get the dodecagram with a margin of 8 turns or so left.

After getting the stomach and dropping my path I charged forward, got a 3-turn billiards room, and a slightly less fast Library, but I got into the Gallery and then managed to rack up stats like there was no tomorrow. I barely managed to keep up my soda water habit, and due to expenses failed to get a mushroom patch. I think I'll just farm a few extra goat cheeses tomorrow.

I also picked up some pixels already, but have made no steps to killing the Bonerdagon or getting my mining gear. That all seem to be tasks for day 2. I'm wondering if I can make this a 3-dayer, it seems pretty unlikely, but it should be possible to make it a 4-dayer with comfortable margin. In fact, I've been pondering to go slightly out of my way and do the White Citadel quest and get a hippy suit. That will both give me slighly cheaper MP (Cola, as I didn't get a KGE Outfit) as well as allow me to mix superhuman quality drinks.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 8 Button Box Burglar (Hardcore)
Turns Played (this run): 221
Days Played (this run): 1
Sign: The Mongoose

p.s. Forgot to PvP before drinking.
p.s.2 I might bother with a full-fledged planning post.