Hardcore Happenings

2007-02-10

Game Turning A Grind

I realised I wasn't playing with the proper amount of fun anymore, rereading some earlier posts. I'm getting close to 500 posts, by the way.

With the *grinding* of turns, and ascending (especially that dreaded run up the tower, and then the whole dread of a first day, etc. etc.) I've been slowly losing the fun aspect of it.

So, to hell with getting as much skills permed before NS-13 hits. I'm gone finish this 3-dayer, and then do a deliberate pathed run, maybe even a familiar run. Or, not play or something.

Because, yes, I think I've got another 3-dayer in the making. If I don't forget to get a DD Key, mostly :-)

With the help of pate, I managed to get the Stomach of Steel, then drop the path. Quite a nice trip actually, although it's so much easier on stat days. I could've even been a bit more conservative with the still, and overdrunk on soda water, instead of on a DB drink.

I already have all the foodstuffs and most of the boozestuffs I will be needing ready. I can take all my sweet time to maximize it. I've got 83 adventures banked, so I hope to be able to make a run for the Gallery tomorrow, level up to trapper's quest, get some goat's milk and enjoy getting very far from there.

Should leave a good mopping up operation for monday, after which I could go another moxie class, or a myst class, or a muscle class. Heck, it just depends which skill I want, and there's not any that I crave, and very few that I would really like to have.

Investing in a stasis skillset seems to be the stupidest of options.

Anyway, I'm a bit low on morale, even though it's all looking pretty sweet.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 6 Squeezebox Scoundrel (Hardcore)
Turns Played (this run): 148
Days Played (this run): 1
Sign: The Wallaby

1 Comments:

  • I've been a bit low on morale lately too. It seems I'm not the only one. Is everyone having a bit of seasonal affective disorder?

    By Anonymous Anoniem, at 19/2/07 11:53  

Een reactie posten

<< Home