Hardcore Happenings

2007-02-02

Day 4 & 1: Flexing My Muscle

Ascension was a straight-forward affair. It took forever to get a third astronomer, however. For the heck of it, I sought out a fourth, because I had enough stars and lines to make a star shirt as well.

The tower was mostly cooperative, which was neat. I had bought the skill I had intended to perm "Cosmic Ugnderstanding".

Ascending into Muscle class, I decided not to go for a teet-drop strategy from the get-go. I'm slightly curious myself where I will find the drinks to support this, but we'll see. So far, so good. A black snowcone is considered an annoyance by myself, I rather be able to dictate on my own terms how to distribute the effects of 3 different cones, but, oh well.

At the end, I slightly ran out of steam, or rather more accurately, meat. I had access to the Gallery (even mapped a fair part of the Louvre), but couldn't sustain myself there. I simply couldn't buff/heal enough. I gotta think about how to solve this tomorrow. One of my main steps will be to go to White Citadel. (This will help with the drinks as well, is the hope).

Another waste of turns (and missed meat) was going for the Wizard of Ego quest. I did end up getting a meat maid, but it will hardly offset the cost of adventuring for it. Kinda a bummer.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 6 Malamute Basher (Hardcore)
Turns Played (this run): 192
Days Played (this run): 1
Sign: The Mongoose

p.s. An observation is how much I could've used two critical Turtle Tamer skills that I'm still lacking: Hero of the Half-Shell (got a coffin lid to drop, really nice for Gallery survival) and Cold-blooded Fearlessness (gives protection against spooky damage). Next run, I'll get one of those two.