Hardcore Happenings

2007-02-02

Day 2 planning: Should I Stay or Should I Go?

The main problem for tomorrow is balancing saving adventures for stat day and getting as many of them in the first place.

My thinking is that getting to level 8 by use of the Gallery would be grand, because then I can eat under the influence of goat's milk. That's the point that I should call it a day and save up for stat day.

The Gallery is slightly to tough right now, mostly because of meat issues. There are two approaches I can take:
- take a gamble, and hope to get Louvre to hopskip to unlocking White Citadel.
- go slow, and use the pixelfarm to unlock White citadel.

Since I'll have to spend an x amount of turns pixelfarming anyway, my approach will be to spend a handful of turns getting some meat in the Laboratory. After that I can explore the barrel full of barrels and run the Daily Dungeon. Any stats still required can be gotten pixelfarming.

Once I hit mainstat 36, it's a rush for White Citadel, I expect this quest to be self-funding. After White Citadel, I should try to hit the gallery, fully-buffed, using a Frogade and perhaps even a Tomato Smoothie potion.

Somewhere along the way, probably around White Citadel, I'll run low on adventures, which I primarily will fill with the Barrel Booze. I hope to be able to get to level 8 on booze and wads alone.

At level 8, I rush through the Tr4pz0r quest until I get the first glass of goat's milk. With the Milk of Magnesia effect, I'll eat. I can spend a handful of turns at Menagerie level 3 to get booze to overdrink, if necessary.

A few more turns to finish the quest is worth it, because I can then use the 5k quest reward to buy a mushroom plot, and grow a spooky mushroom (and two knob mushrooms). Otherwise, I'll be forced to farm on day 3.

If it looks clearly like level 8 is nowhere in sight, I'll preempt the whole sherade to just stock up on food and keep maximum adventures till the next day.