Hardcore Happenings

2007-02-01

Day 2 &3: Don't Forget to Buy That Skill

Recap of day 2 (Blogger acted up, and didn't allow me to post):
Wow, I made a lot of the bad up during mysticality day. The Brewery Special helped, though: snifter of thoroughly-aged brandy. It's only 9 meat more expensive than IPA, it only gives 2 drunkeness and has a slightly higher drunk/adventure ratio already (let alone with Ode to Booze).

I started off somewhat slowly with killing the Goblin King, but zoomed right on with killing the Boss Bat. A little pixelfarming and then getting the Liver was next. After achieving liverhood interesting combinations of Pasta of Peril, Salamander Slurry, Pasta Oneness/Manicotti Meditation, Mojomuscular Melody and hot/twinkly wads made me constantly able to adventure in the Gallery. And then it just went crazy. I ended up someway into level 10, with all the quests from level 7 and up unfinished.

Just wow.

And now for day 3:
I pretty much locked up all the quests that were still standing. Titanium Assault Umbrella is a real nice ingredient for hi mein. I even got to precook my hi mein for tomorrow. The special from the brewery was cool too (caipifruita), and the RNG slightly forgiving. The lack of concentration on the first day and just plain non-optimum acts on my part made sure that it didn't have the chance to be a 3-dayer, but it's gonna be a very comfy 4-dayer. I already go the star hat, and it's only a quetion of balancing my stats to run the Tower.

My next two runs will be Muscle class. If I really push it, I can make it two back to back 3-dayers, one Seal Clubber ending on a stat and a Turtle Tamer over 2 stat days... Otherwise, it will probably be two more 4-dayers.

Of note: I shouldn't forget to buy a Gnome Skill. It's the whole point of going moxie sign, might as well add that minor character boost. I'm thinking of taking the MP one first.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 10 Ravioli Sorcerer (Hardcore)
Turns Played (this run): 546
Days Played (this run): 3
Sign: The Wombat