Hardcore Happenings

2005-10-08

Day 2: Rats

Things were'nt developing as fast as I had hoped in the previous post. I spent quite some time developing my stats. It really helps to even have that single boost from a pathed softcore run. Being able to eat boring spaghetti (3 of them), was okayish compensation.

I beat the rats and spent my meat on buying Stream of Sauce, the first offensive spell. I should also get a tenderizing hammer relatively quickly. And the other skills, most notably, reagent crafting. I did spend meat on the Arena, I hope to use the tenth win for the Cheshire Bitten familiar item.

I also opened up the bossbat, but don't dare confront him, yet. I am, however, able to take on beanbats, really at the end of today's adventuring, so I can eat burrito's tomorrow, if there are spices. Tomorrow, I can also focus on getting the car and meat maid.

I'm noticing how relatively fast I've gained levels and items, but how scarce meat is. Expert panhandling and the smile-sharpening stone will help. Maybe get gnefarious pickpocketing too. After all, this run is more about comfort than speed to me. I started it on a whim, and don't want the frustrations of last time. I think I'll skip a planning post for day three as well. We'll just see how it goes. Maybe just stick to a smallish wishlist.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 5
Rosemary Diviner
Turns Played (this run): 185
Days Played (this run): 2