Hardcore Happenings

2005-11-15

Day 8: Ascension & Pre-Ascension Checklist

Pre-Ascension:

Food. I need stats, and lots of them, if I want to ascend. Assuming I don't get too stupid with PvP, I can get most of them from simply adventuring my full allotment in the Castle, especially with a few good wheel turns. Still food can help. If I do all my PvP before beginning to adventure, I can use up the scrumptious reagents for food. That gives me at least one scrumptious reagent and Goofballs/Flower Power for the Topiary Golems.

The problem is a lack of spices, although I could get some when adventuring for Knob Sausage. On a clover day, I could get them through the spice loop. I also need to minimize the number of adventures spent farming.
Non-clover day: 2 hell ramen/gnochetti di Nietsczhe & delicious noodles.
Clover day: 2 Lucky Surprise Eggs, 3 pr0n chow mein & hot wing

Star Weaponry-wise, I'd prefer the Star Sword, as I wouldn't need to get a secondary up to 67, before being able to equip it. I currently have 4 lines and 1 star. Then again, it's the most likely I'll be able to make a Star Crossbow before that. The choice is between spending two to five more adventures in the Hole, or in the Castle, where I have the chance of Wheel Adventures. I think I'll sit those five out in the hole. I'll probably end up needing to donate for my secondaries anyway when I reach the top of the Lair, and then I prefer being able to have pre-boosted them with the tower and Topiary Golem fights.

PvP notes: Before PvP-ing, I should note whether or not it's clover day.
Non-clover day: I'm using two reagents for today's food and save the other for the Topiary Golems, so no extra boost. Also, I should only drink to 18, as I might want to use one drunkenness for flower power against the Golems.
Clover day: I can use one extra scrumptious reagent for the current bout of PvP, save the other two for the Golems. I can drink all the way up to 19. Use an Imp Ale (or special) for the one drunkeness.
In either situation, I should also immediately drink 3 Hatorades. I can (hopefully) rely on scrolls of drastic healing for the rest of the day.

Ascension checklist:
My plan is to do a speedy softcore Boozetafarian run. This has multiple goals.
1) Get an extra trivial skill for that Trophy
2) Be able to drink a chunk of White Canadians for that PvP minigame
3) Get the bottle of single-barrel whiskey to jumpstart my next HC DB Boozetefarian run (to regain that path tattoo)

But, since Hagnk's crashed, I need to properly prepare a lot of stuff before jumping in.
a) The museum. I need to reorganize it. Put the bottle of Champagne back on the Shelves and put in the Tiny Plastic Figurines. I also want 3 TP Hermits and 2 TP Meatcars.
b) Untinker the meatcar. Since I don't have any meatcars in storage, I need this one. Turning the meat engine into an autoplunger is a bonus trick.
c) Prepare TPS drinks. I should premix a few drinks and get an ample supply of TPS fruits and booze bottles. I should also buy or premix several White Canadians.
d) Clockwork Maid, Bartender-in-the-Box. I should get one of the former, two of the latter (one for mixing now, one for mixing during the next run)
e) Gifts. Unpacking should be done.
f) Non-Quest status Quest items. I should get into storage at least one of each Tower Item. Buying three linoleum ore and four red pixel potions is also a good plan. Since it's going to be a Sauceror, most likely, also a Star Staff. Also a Rock & Roll Legend, and a number of the various number scrolls.
g) Loot the N.O. Stash for an Imitation Nice Watch and Time Outfit.
h) The familiar items for the 5 possible Tower monsters.
i) Some high-value autosell items is also a good plan. Maybe I can loot the N.O. stash for them, as well.

I'd be thrilled were this be a 4-day run.

I gotta ponder if I want to do softcore PvP...if I do, it's only going to be on the last day, just before Ascending, to gain some easy 13 flowers. But it would be nice to have a few potions at the ready for that occassion.
I'm thinking that each of the following one *should* do that (or is quite possibly, severe overkill): equilibrium juice, temporary gr8ness, grapefruit juice, arse-a-fire, wrath serum, cosmic lemonade, maraschino moxiosity, orangish aphrodisiac, papotion of papower.

May the Force be with me!